- Date: December 4, 2019
- Time: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Category: Chamber Events
Brought to you by:
Attendance is complimentary and well worth your time!
Visit Sarasota County is excited to bring you the International Inbound Travel Association (IITA) Steps to Success, a tourism training program that will provide you with clear and achievable steps to obtain business from international visitors via the international inbound travel trade and bring ROI to your sales and marketing efforts.
- With your new behind-the-scenes understanding of how best to work with international inbound travel trade you will begin to develop your international visitor business. In turn, you will be able to provide the international travel trade with the necessary resources they need to motivate their visitors to come to Sarasota County.
Building relationships with international inbound travel trade has been a proven and valuable strategy to grow your brand recognition around the world and develop a long-term flow of international business.
- Research shows that new and repeat international visitors tour the USA for an average of 1-3 weeks and engage in exploring all aspects of American life.
Jennifer Ackerson, President of ALON Marketing Group, a seasoned and successful tourism industry veteran, and creator of the Steps to Success Program, will guide you through the steps.
The benefits of working in the international market include:
- Ability to manage business seasonally & off-peak by positioning visitors to arrive when you want and need them
- Increase B2B business that provides you with a possibility to achieve secure, consistent, stable and long-term business
- Achieve business in advance and be promoted around the world for no additional cost other than NET rates
- Learn to partner to increase your business, as well as offer an attractive package to tour operators
Please register at http://bit.ly/33nhATX by Tuesday, November 26th. Seats are limited!
Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Time: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Location: 1777 Main St (SunTrust building), 9th Floor, Sarasota, FL 34236
Session will begin right at 8:30, so please arrive a few minutes early. Light refreshments will be served.
All categories of business are encouraged to attend:
- Tourism Councils/Chambers: Help your stakeholder businesses achieve success in tourism by mastering the ins and outs of working with the travel trade!
- Accommodations: Not every room is filled every night! Are there need periods or room types you want more business for?
- Attractions/Activities/Tours/Breweries/Wineries/Sports Teams: You are the reason why the visitors come! Learn how to have your activity booked in advance by visitors arriving to your destination. Achieve more bookings in advance and push harder to sell seats or time periods when you want to increase your ticket sales.
- Retail/Services: Shopping is the #1 activity for visitors around the globe. Learn ways to drive visitors into your retail space as a decision before they arrive and create fun programs for them.
- Dining: Every visitor must eat! Travel trade can bring you visitors at all 3 meal periods and during your off-peak periods.
- Transportation Services: International visitors travel by all modes. How does your company receive new customers and more importantly new business partners that send you business year-round?
- Arts & Cultural Institutions/Museums/Historic Places/ Performing Arts: You invoke the essence of your destination! You might not be focused on gate increases as a revenue source but working with the travel trade will be a key way to add visitation and more importantly increase global awareness and attract key markets to your institution.
- Events/Festivals: Establish partners to promote your events and festivals to grow them each year!
- Parks & Recreation: Visitors who arrive from travel trade companies make pre-determined choices on where they will visit. Awareness, exposure & promotion are all part of what they can do for you.
Location: Suntrust Building
1777 Main St
Sarasota, FL 34236