In putting together a Helping Kit, you provide the essentials for a family that has been struggling with housing stability or just moved from homelessness to housing. For newly housed families, your gift is often the first thing that a family receives as they build their new home with pride and dignity.
How to Make a Neighbors Helping Neighbors Kit:
- Gather a group of helpers. Unite your kids, friends, church group or chess club to create a Kit together. Welcome the community to participate in caring for struggling families!
- Decide which Kit to create (see list).
- Assemble the elements. Not everything needs to be newly purchased, but please provide functional, clean and quality items.
- Place elements in designated container.
- Drop off at 850 Cockrill Street, Venice FL 34285 , Monday to Friday from 9am-4pm.
About Family Promise:
Family Promise SSC helps children and their families in South Sarasota County get back on their feet. We provide shelter, meals, basic needs (clothing, toiletries, and personal items), case management, referrals, and resources to families in transition. We also provide homeless prevention and diversion services to qualifying families to keep them housed.