“The Osprey Nokomis Chamber’s mission is to promote a positive business environment, facilitate community betterment and support economic development”.
We know that many of our Chamber Member Businesses are struggling/shut down and undergoing financial hardship with an unknown return. SBA, PPP1, PPP2, Grants and Unemployment seem to be uncertain or at best difficult to navigate. Many members are looking for ways to reinvent and create new business avenues/ideas. As we move through these most difficult and uncertain times for members, the Osprey Nokomis Chamber is available as a support source for businesses and employees.
ONCC board members are willing to connect and share ideas!
We know there is a wealth of knowledge within our membership that can provide valuable guidance.
We know that ONCC members are givers and willing to discuss and share ideas!
Your Chamber at Work
So far this year the ONCC is responsible for $13,000 in donations to worthy causes in our community!
- January: Historic Spanish Point, $500 – ONCC matched $250 from Tri-Chamber Event
- February: InStride Therapy, Total $3000 – ONCC Matched $1250 from Paradise Grill Bartending Event and put $500 through Flanzer Trust Matching for a $1000 check.
- March: InStride Therapy, $500 through Flanzer Trust for $1000 Sponsorship of Community BBQ moved from Mar 22 to October 4.
- March: South County Food Pantry, $500 through Flanzer Trust Matching for $1000 check
- April: Good Samaritan Pharmacy, $500 through Flanzer Trust Matching for $1000 check
- April: South County Food Pantry, $500 through Flanzer Trust Matching for $1000 check
- April: Paradise Grill, $500 for Friday FREE Hot Meals for Community curbside pick up. Total FREE Meals (3 Fridays): 2880
- May: South County Food Pantry, $500 through Flanzer Trust Matching for $1000 check
- May: Good Samaritan Pharmacy, $500 through Flanzer Trust Matching for $1000 check
- May: Paradise Grill, $500 for FREE Hot Meals Program matching START of SC ($670-ONCC approved matching up to $500)
- June: Good Samaritan Pharmacy, $500 through Flanzer Trust Matching for $1000 check
- July: Blue Butterfly-Tide Well, $500 through Flanzer Trust Matching for $1000 check
WE ARE GIVING BACK AND SO CAN YOU!
We want members to know that ONCC revenue is going back to the Osprey-Laurel-Nokomis Community to support a positive business environment!
Effective May 1 through rest of 2020
- $75 of all ONCC $100 membership renewals will go to help with hunger-health-causes in our community!
- $75 of all NEW ONCC $125 membership fees will go to help with hunger-health-causes in our community! ($25 goes to administration/set-up)
ONCC is committed to donating to a selected community cause monthly and, whenever possible, put donations through a matching program like Flanzer Trust.
ONCC Encourages Non-Business Community Members to join as “Friends of the Chamber”!
Facilitate Community Betterment
We also recognize that to have a positive business environment, we must have a healthy and thriving community and facilitate community betterment.
As we navigate these most difficult and uncertain times for members of our community, the Osprey Nokomis Chamber will enhance support for community betterment with this HELP-HUNGER-HEALTH program for 2020.
The Winner of the ONCC Cares Logo Contest is… Karen Gerner!
The Board of Directors will award $150 to Ms. Gerner and $150 to an ONCC cause or a partner in ONCC of choice. The winning logo design (which is featured on this page, above) will be used for the Chamber’s Community Care promotions. Congratulations, Karen – and nice work!
The Dynamics of Keeping Members Connected Will Continue with the ONCC Website, Eblast to Membership & Social Media!
- Looking forward to Breakfast & Mix n Mingle Events…When Clear!
- ONCC Promises the Greatest Ever Member Appreciation Party…When Clear!
- We hope that the way will be clear for Haunted Trails in October!
Together The ONCC Chamber will remain:
“The Greatest Little Chamber in Paradise”!